I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Missed Birthday....

Daddy's 82nd. birthday would have been on Sunday, the 8th. of November. He went on to another life when he was just 71. Miss him a lot! Handsome and quiet, a true gentleman and reserved...grace with manners. He taught me well. And spoiled me..and I put him through the wringer!

When I was living in Pittsburgh, Pa, and working as a sculptor, he would call me every morning with the weather and to be careful, bla, bla, bla! I had to get up at 4:30 am and he was always up reading and the phone would ring. Sometimes he would tell me not to go to the gym after work, cause it was going to snow or get really icy. A couple of times I would go to the gym on those days and when I would get home that evening, he would have messages on my answering machine and I would call him and he would let me have it....even though I was in my thirties!

I sure do miss those calls. And him. My gentleman father. I celebrate you, Daddy!


4 comments:

  1. Suzi, what a beautiful caring dad. Bless you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday, Dad.

    i remember the first time i saw that picture...
    i get the same emotion today.

    he handed down a special light, SuZi.
    and now he is e v e r y w h e r e ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the lovely sentiments.
    XoXo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful tribute. Your father sounds like an exceptional man, you are very lucky to have had him in your life.

    ReplyDelete