I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Wednesday, September 28, 2011























This is the completed painting I titled "How Much Fun Can I Have Before I Go To Hell?" I am taking an advanced painting class to bring me back to life after a horrible 2 years of watching and caring for my Mother, my best friend, die, and I was her complete care-taker...I will never be the same person, but I hope I can be a person who can make people feel happy and comfort them at the worst times in their lives. Even though I still spend some days in bed all day...she passed at home in June, I am really trying to get back to living...something a care-provider needs to learn to do. This is my start...going back to the school I was in (WVU-Parkersburg)when I had to leave my life to help her on her last and most courageous journey...it was the most difficult, but beautiful time we spent together...she will always be my Hero.



Anyway, back to my painting series for this semester...I decided to express myself in different circumstances...showing what I was going through in the last 2 years, not only with my Mom, but life changes I decided to make for many years and finally had the courage to do so... I felt I was living for everyone but me...And that was okay...if it was for my Mom, but not for others, who only caused me grief and toxic people I needed to break from...to grow.


So, now I want to live a life for me and these paintings are intense, some will be more than this one, which is full of life and humor...but to show my emotions and express them and release them to the outside world...Then I can move on...


This is a mixed -media piece...I used masonite board and covered it with old recycled Bible pages to paint my portrait on...then I used them on the frame...which I added the title to...just look at it with humor, I am definitely not trying to offend anyone...I'm Roman Catholic...I use Bible pgs. all the time along with any other things I can find...my top straps are from the Sunday comics if you look closely , you can see them showing through! I did use old make-up, foundation, creamy blush...acrylics and sealed with a clear glaze, both the frame and portrait for more depth in the color. This picture was taken by one of my fav gal pals when I was a featured artist for the Artist's Walk in Marietta, OH, for work I was commissioned for by the Marietta Convention and Visitor's Bureau...which they are still using the art work for banners throughout town this year! This pic was 2 summers ago, so my hair was shorter...Hope you like it and it makes you laugh or smile...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi - I'm sure such a caregiver as yourself, can't be on her way to hell, especially since from the sound of it, you've already been there. Sorry for your losses. I lost my mom earlier in the year (2011) as well. I hear ya on never being the same. And learning to get back to living. A tough life challenge. God help us both.

    Crimson & Clover, one of my fav's from my youth. I enjoyed visiting your site. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi - I'm sure such a caregiver as yourself, can't be on her way to hell, especially since from the sound of it, you've already been there. Sorry for your losses. I lost my mom earlier in the year (2011) as well. I hear ya on never being the same. And learning to get back to living. A tough life challenge. God help us both.

    Crimson & Clover, one of my fav's from my youth. I enjoyed visiting your site. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SweetHeart!...you know as well as I do the pain and suffering of loosing someone so close to your heart....she was my heart. It was a fun way of my silly humor to amuse myself and others of my life and pain...the painting! I use my sense of humor in many art pieces and life...thank God I still have one...I changed my music again!!! Loved Tommy James ...thank you so much for your sweet thoughts!
      xo, suZi

      Delete