I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Monday, April 12, 2010

My Bottle Obsession



This is a series I did in painting class, not intending it to become a series at all. But I became obsessed with that bottle, it's shape, colors, and light. This last one, pen and ink, was created using washes of natural home made dyes from nature...flowers, fruits, spices, etc.


7 comments:

  1. series can be such a wonderful way to grow as an artist, it forces you to look at the same things with different eyes each time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so true! It is amazing how that works..even in self portraits!
    Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best way great art just happens sometimes....

    i love to do series works of art...and I'll be posting my trio of safari paintings in acrylic soon! (I went through an african phase!) it's over now...but the paintings remain! lol

    stay tuned!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here ... again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why... that is about the perfect bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! beautiful, Suzi!! Great series!!

    ReplyDelete