I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Tribute for my Mother

My Mom, Mary Camellia, a beautiful Italian woman then and now...although she would not agree with that statement, she is struggling with her life and is skin and bones...she is my Hero, a three time cancer survivor (praying it has not invaded her weak body again), and my Best Friend. We are so close and have always been. I was really sick in my late teens and almost died and we have gone through so much together...she took care of me and now I am taking care of her.

She signed it for a niece in CA, my cousin Sandi. Mom was a "Miss Westinghouse"...that is how she met my Dad, they both worked for Westinghouse. I will be spending the day with my Mom and giving her a colored pencil portrait of her "Scooter Boy"....my furry little brother!

4 comments:

  1. ..I've been thinking about her, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blase...we are hanging in there, doing the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story about your mom...she sounds like a lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete