I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Something To Crow About"


This was my final painting in my acrylic class last night. I will really miss everyone, wish it could go on every week. We had the best art instructor I think I have ever had! I was fortunate to have her when I took my drawing class. Everyone who takes a class with her, even if they know nothing about art, finds it a rewarding experience.
This painting is 16" x 20" and painted on canvas board. I used acrylics and gel medium, and I glued a small bottle cap "brooch" that I made from jewelry that I create. Way back in super early posts, I had another much smaller painting with the same name. So, using that theme, here is version 2. The crow whispering to her ear has a little piece of paper from a Hershey Kiss chocolate (one of my addiction-afflictions) that says appropriately, "kiss".

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzi , I love her eyes, and fab strong Features!
    The colored shading is neat too!
    Love it!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teachers make all the difference in the world. She's lovely and listening so intently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Suzi.Very very beautiful.!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how it turned out! The crows are so cool! I love the colors on the dog painting too. I have never taken an art class, but I would love to take one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This painting is so beautiful, love her eyes and lips.
    I have an award for you, please come and visit my blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic painting !! Seems to be alive !! Great..Also I Have Started My Own Website And Would Like You To Have A Look At It.I Would Love To Have Your Comments On That Also.Unseen Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully painted, well done! I love words and sayings on paintings. Ive always wanted to do a painting class, would you recommend it? I would love to learn new techniques and such xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is gorgeous!!! One of my favorites that you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's just wonderful! I love her lips and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzi, thanks for the recent comment. This little cute pug on the sidebar always cracks me up. Be well, take good care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog Suzi, and thanks for the title suggestion.

    Love your beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful painting!!! I love....
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful painting, Suzi. You'll have to continue...

    ReplyDelete
  14. most incredible.
    beautiful job!

    peace~

    ReplyDelete