I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Me

I am what I am
That's all I can be.
No more, no less,
What you're seeing
Is me!
-???
I love this quote...sounds like a Dr. Seuss line, he is pure genius, grew up on his books. It is me for sure. Is it you, also??? So many times we try to be something we are not. I have...only to get frustrated and realize that I was trying to be something else, maybe this version I had in my head, some image I conjured up of the perfect me. Oh well, that ALWAYS led to disappointment in myself, making far too many goals and not conquering them one at a time, but trying to be a super star. I have been reevaluating my life and contributions I have made with it, I guess turning 50 last week brought reality in my face, so to speak. I do have lots of regrets, wish I could do many things over, given what I have learned from life, but life doesn't work that way. We only have one life to live and we need to live it fully , every day... and not have regrets. Maybe it is time for a new chapter in my journal...the next 50 ...I will have no regrets, I will live my life with passion and have a lust for life...care to join me on life's journey???
I am just me, no more, no less. And, that is okay with me.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry~ somehow I screwed up my initial post) But, first of all, Happy Birthday Beauty & shhh! don't tell because from looking at your pics no one would ever know... but, this post caught my attention because! ~ OMG ~ I am embarrassed to tell you this story but driving my dad to the airport a few days ago (he comes and goes regularly as his work is in Los Angeles but he lives in Washington) and being one of my very dearest friends...we talk about relationships and men and women amongst many things... and the last thing he said to me this time was (& as we neared the terminal rather quickly)..."I y'am what I am and that's all that I am" as he/we love to quote Popeye. And i drove away with a strange sense of contentment with that....so all that to say I feel your words….entirely. Try to have no regrets though my dear (look at what you're accomplishing now!)...so much of life is yet to come! ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzi, Belated Happy B'day..You don't look like 50...;-)...That quote is extremely correct and what you said is also right! We have our own life and every moment we live is our life..May be we never knw next second we would be here or not..So Enjoy life to the fullest! :) Keep Smiling..May be you smile can make some1 crazy..:) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you!
    PS---You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete