I am Strong. I am Not Perfect. I am Willing to Try. I am Open-Minded. I am Flawed. I am Loved. I am Full of Potential. I am Gifted. I am Not Believing the Hype. I am Facinating. I am Woman.



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Touched with Love...


This is a watercolor I did today in a frantic hurry before heading off to Drawing class tonight. I have not worked in watercolor in ages, but enjoyed the spontaneity.
She, my Angel, is created with watercolor paints and outlined in pencil. I used actual bible pages of the psalms for her wings and added some decorative paint for the wing structure. I used some black pencil for the shadow contrast. You probably will not believe this, but I used nail polish for her wings and halo...sparkling paint. Too bad it does not show up with my scan!!! It is a gloss with glitter added to it. I had it on hand...I have even used mascara brushes...be creative with what you have!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did this in a frantic hurry. You can't tell. I see your heart all over it.

    Hugs,

    Jenn

    Nail polish!!! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Jenn, I have even used mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, I hate throwing it away and the colors are fun...Talk about recycling.

    ReplyDelete